A large number of people at a certain point in life suffer from dryness of the eyes, even so much that they would substantially impair the quality of life.
The good news is that the dryness of the eyes is quite easy to solve. Some of the most common causes of dryness of the eyes, you should watch for are:
- sudden hormonal change
- drugs, such as antihistamines, antidepressants and diuretics
- low air humidity
- long-term use of contact lenses
Dryness of the eyes is not difficult to recognize because people each change with eyes relatively quickly notice, and the most common symptom is a burning sensation and tingling sensation in the eyes, and a feeling that the eye you have a foreign tissue.
It may seem strange, but dry eye syndrome can cause excessive lacrimation.
Studies have shown that dry eye syndrome, the most common in cities with high air pollution, from which scientists conclude that air quality directly affects the health of the eyes.
It would be best to consult a doctor, but in the meantime you can implement yourself some solutions:
- eliminate allergens in the home
- maintain sufficient air humidity
- increase your intake of omega 3 fatty acids
- use eye drops, but only with prior consultation with a physician or pharmacist