Each bite is a mouthful of watermelon juice. But watermelon can be eaten without a handkerchief. Because sometimes it’s easier to drink watermelon juice. Try this refreshing drink with watermelon and cucumber, which is tempered by the sweet taste of watermelon lime and vodka.
- 750 grams of watermelon (diced and cleaned of seeds)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- quarter cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- two thirds of the glass of vodka
- ice and bits of cucumber for garnish
Place a sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. Pour the watermelon in a blender and make it puree. Pour the puree through the sieve and push it from the top with a spatula. You should get two cups of juice.
Make mashed and cucumber and add the juice of watermelon also through a sieve. In a small bowl, mix lime and honey mixture and add the juice of watermelon and cucumber, then refill the vodka. If you want a sweeter juice, add honey while you adjust to your preference.
While serving fill the glasses with ice and pour over ice juice. At the edge of the glass put a piece of cucumber.